Holy Frijoles!!!

Talk about a fast response! We got a call from that company in Manassas at 945am today. Hubby was talking to someone he addressed as Samantha who was asking him how the interview went. She must have known the answer to that because she was calling to see about setting a face 2 face interview...on their tab. Hotel, flight, car, food...all paid by them. He gave them the "let me talk to my wife" delay to buy himself a day to think on it. Mostly it's because he doesnt want them to spend money if it's not going to be a good fit but Im thinking he's wanting to give one of the local companies a chance to call back. I told him he'd be foolish to not take the opportunity. Even if it doesnt result in an offer it's good practice getting infront of a prospective employer and it's on someone else's dime. Besides the local company has had just as long to get back to him as this company has. You snooze you loose you know!

Con: There would be a HUGE move right around the holidays.
Pro: They pay costs...30 days temp housing , 30 days temp storage and something else I cant remember. Also sounds like they're willing to wait until after he gets his severance package which is a HUGE plus. Only 3 more weeks to go and we have a house to prepare to sell!!

Con: Overtime is not on a daily basis like we're used to...it's after 40 hours.
Pro: The base pay is going to go up. Where he's at now, he's paid X amount an hour and Z amount after the 8th hour on a day...averaging Y on an hourly basis. The amount on the table is about $1/hr more than what he's making per hour now (the Y figure) which is a good thing. Gotta make it worth the move.

Con: It's a rotating shift... 4 months days then 4 months nights and back again. 12 hr shifts(?)
Pro: We're already used to this. So there wont be too much change to get used to. Besides once he gets in a place, he may find someone like his buddy here that prefers a certain shift and he wont have to change. That'd be cool.

Anyhow, this is where we stand at this point. Will let everyone know when the face 2 face is set for as soon as I know.


AliceKay said...

Wow...that sounds like a really good deal. Looks like the pros outweigh the cons to me. Will be waiting to see what you two decide. Good luck. *hugs*

ChicagoLady said...

I agree with AK, sounds like a SWEET deal! Definitely worth a meeting in person, if they're willing to pay for it, they must REALLy be interested in hiring him!

LadyStyx said...

Yes, sounds good to me too. Only concern right now is cost of living in the area. Am sure if it's meant to be, it'll be...if not something else will open up.


Related Posts with Thumbnails