playing nice with the vampires

Calories burned: 377.8
trip miles: 10.79
ave mph: 21.58

I had a dr appointment today. Before leaving the TH, I got on our scales here so I'd have an idea on about how much of a difference there is between my household scales and the dr's. Nothing I hate more than thinking I weigh one thing and then being shown I weigh a bit more than planned. The nurse put me right up on the scales and I've lost more weight since last week. I weighed in at 284 today for a total of 4 pounds down from last week and 10 down from when I first met with the dietician (a total of 14 down from August!!!). I cant tell you how excited this made me. Let's just say, maybe they should have taken my blood pressure BEFORE getting on the scales. Hmm , I'd better insist on it next time because I just got so damn excited that the bp read at a 142/90! I know for a fact that if I dont put myself in a "zen" state and keep my yap shut that it shoots right up. Anyhow, if I keep this up...by the time I see the dietician again it's possible I will have lost another 10-15 pounds... *crosses fingers*

The doctor that I saw today, isnt one that I'll normally be writing about in this particular section of the blogspot. Yeah...that means in the very near future I'll be adding the Journey to Parenthood section of my blog. What I will tell you here is that she's running a series of tests on me and then will be issuing tests for hubby to take. She decided to do a few tests on me first and is sending an order for a ultrasound to be done on my ovaries FIRST...before sending him in for testing because if she was to issue his now...well let's just say she playing with loopholes right now and leave it at that. For now, she's put me on Metformin to help things out some. It's not because my sugar-levels say I need to be on it (if anything, my sugar tends to drop) as my fasting rate is in the mid-90's, but it'll help other things out. I was told that since my sugars like to drop that I am to take it with a meal. She also discussed a possibility of checking out the hormones and maybe adding something to help those out as well. She sent me off with orders to get an ultrasound done on my ovaries and to make an appointment with her when it's been done.

I was also sent to the lab today (good thing I hadnt eaten beforehand eh?) to play with the vampires. Man, I hate going to the lab. Goodness gracious the list of things she wanted tested!! I dont even recognize many of them. I do recognize the one for prenancy....that result came back already...it's negative, again *sigh*. I see she's got a test in for my sugar..oh wait...I think I recognize the one for the thyroid and liver functions... that would be for a baseline as the Metformin is liable to mess with those readings. They ended up taking 7...count them SEVEN...vials of blood from me. Do you think my veins would cooperate today? Oh of course not. They were the most uncooperative buggers ever today and it took 3 different nurses attempting to get it done. Two tried in my right and the other in my left and ya know, my right arm looks more of a mess than the left arm. How fun! Oh and tomorrow's shot day......

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I would think if they had weight you after the vampire session you would have shown another pound or two lost!

Yikes. I always get the willies when people talk about having trouble having blood drawn - and then to had the allergy thingy the next day - ouchies!

Deanna said...

Congratulations! You are doing an awesome job!!!!!!!
I always feel bad for people who have trouble having blood taken. When I was having blood taken on a regular basis during my cancer treatments I can honestly say they never once had trouble (thank goodness). Hang in there - it will all be worth it in the long run.

AliceKay said...

Congrats on the weight loss from me too. You're doing great.

I've had times where getting any blood drawn from me was tough. When you end up with bruises in both arms and then on the top of your hand, it's not fun. Also finding a good vein for an IV has been a problem a few times.

I hope things went well with the shot process for you today. *hugs*

Jess said...

You are so strong. Well done on eveything you've accomplished so far and are bound to accomplish.
x

ChicagoLady said...

I'm so proud of you! Well done on the weight loss!

I'll keep you in my thoughts that they figure out what to do to help you two out. I'm sure it's NOT for lack of trying, lol.

Toriz said...

Good luck with all the tests. *hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails