Day 11

Day 11: A song from your favorite band:

YAY!! I can put up another Styx song!! *chuckles* As many of you know, I'm rather addicted to a couple games in FB which takes me away from here for much longer than I care to be. What some may not know is that FB isn't the only place I like to play. I've also discovered this other site that helps deal with those "I miss streaming" moments. Do I miss it all the time? No. However, every now and again...

Anyhow it's like a mix of a chatroom/forum/Twitter format and everyone is playing music at the same time. You see something you like, you click the link and listen. You really like what they've suggested you "prop" them (kinda like the "like" button on FB). You really really like it, you repost it (called reblipping). For an example of what I'm talking about, check out my station. I met a very nice guy on the site, TrainWreckRadio, who introduced me to a Styx cd that I hadn't heard yet (I was pretty much still stuck in the DeYoung era with Styx), called Cyclorama (or as he calls it "The Dangling Carrot disc").  This song, in particular, is one he likes to spin when he knows I'll be around to see it. I have to admit, it's my favorite one off this disc.


4 comments:

Toriz said...

Good choice. :)

Well... I guess it's time for me to be repeating a band too, since I already mentioned a Boyzone song in one of the previous days. Yeah, they're my favourite band. They have been since they started out. Anyway, the song I'm going to pick is...

Boyzone - When You Say Nothing At All

...Though it was a tough choice, since there are a few Boyzone songs I really, really love. So, I went with the one that sprang to mind first when I asked myself, "which one is my favourite?"

Deanna said...

I guess this would classify more as a group than a band, but I've always been a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel. I love their harmony. The first one that comes to mind was one of their biggest hits, I Am a Rock.

ChicagoLady said...

Nice song!

My choice was both easy and hard. Easy because of course I would choose Def Leppard. Hard because there are SO many songs by them I love. I guess I'll go with "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad". It's not a song most people would think of when they hear the name Def Leppard, but it is one of my favs.

Intense Guy said...

Fleetwood Mac - "You'll Never Make Me Cry"

Although, I could buy Punkn's Simon and Garfunkel... "Wake up Little Susie" or "Call me Al"...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails