Day 4

Day 4: A song that makes you sad.

This one's the easiest one on the list so far. There's only one song that makes me so sad that if I don't cry, I come damned close. It all started back in the mid-80's when my gramma moved from NY to Fl. Those of you that have been following this blog long enough know how close I was to her. She left NY in the autumn. That Christmas, I couldn't listen to it without tears coming to my eyes. Once I moved out of the family home and went out on my own, this song made me even sadder because family was so very far away (they moved out of state about 3-4 months after I struck out on my own). To this day I can't listen to or sing it without getting all sniffly.

Pardon the rather out of season pick:



5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

The crooner really sang that song well - like no one else actually.

For me? It's a toss up between Steven Lynch's "Dead Puppies" and "Pictures of You" by The Cure.

Toriz said...

For me it has to be...

Hank Snow - Nobody's Child

Deanna said...

I honestly cannot think of a song that makes me sad. But a song that makes me cry - emotional - is "How Great Thou Art". It elicits such great emotion in me at the enormity of the Love of God and the greatness of His sacrifices for us.

LadyStyx said...

hmmm gonna need to look those up. Except Punkn's because I know that one. Yeah that song will do it too, but not as much as The Potter's Hand. That one does it every single time too.

ChicagoLady said...

There are a couple that are impossible for me to listen to without crying.

"I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan
"Who You'd Be Today" by Kenny Chesney

Both remind me of a dear friend I lost 13 years ago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails