Day 14

Day 14: A song that no one would expect you to love.

There are several that actually fall into this category.
01) Lady Gaga's Edge of Glory : not fond of the artist but I love the Cher-like feel the song has.
02) Katy Perry ft Kanye West in ET: I like Katy better than Gaga but I simply abhor Kanye. Yet I can't help but listen to this song repeatedly. Best is when I can find Katy's version of the same song without Kanye.
03) JLo ft Pitbull in On the Dance Floor: Love JLo, can't stand Pitbull. However, this song makes me move every single time.

However, knowing that I'm eclectic, I don't think any of those choices will absolutely surprise anyone.

So maybe I shouldn't go with the word "love", maybe we should substitute the word "like" in there. This brings it down to exactly one song that may actually be surprising. It's a song that is a mash-up between a song a hate from a group I adore with a song I love from a group I'm not so fond of.  Strange thing is, I'll sit and happily listen to it any time I come across it!


6 comments:

Deanna said...

There are a few rap songs that my grandson plays that I find myself responding to - have no idea who the artists are thought - and he is always like... "Grandma, you like that!?!????????" Yea, I'm old, but not dead. I still respond to a good beat as long as the word don't offend and rattle my brain.

ChicagoLady said...

I love Gorrilaz! I think it's so cool that all their videos are cartoons, they never show their real faces. And that song is a catchy one.

To pick a song that no one would expect me to love or like? Like you, my tastes are so eclectic, and anyone who's ever listened to me stream knows I will jump from genre to genre with no warning. I might have to think on this a bit longer.

Toriz said...

Hmmm... This one's tricky. I think though that I have to go with...

Anything by the Scissor Sisters

I don't normally like their style, but... *Shrugs*... I guess my Mam has played them so much they've grown on me?

LadyStyx said...

I hear ya, Punkn. That reminds me of a story (I know, seems like everything does!!). I was in with the vampires (those blood suckers) after a dr's appt while we were still back in Texas. Well, this one young black male nurse started singin Grillz by Nelly and Paul Wall while he was drawing my blood. I didn't recognize the song right off (he was that out of rhythm) so I asked what he was singing and he told me. At which point I shot back with the chorus in perfect rhythm and pitch. The look on his face was priceless and I was thanked by one of the other nurses on my way out. She said she'd been waiting all day for someone to do that to him. I guess he wasn't expecting that response from a melanin challenged woman twice his age....

ChicagoLady said...

About the only thing that comes to mind would be Eminem. I'm not really into any of todays rap music, but for some reason I really like the rhythm he has with his rhymes. Definitely glad he seems to have turned his life around and sings about more positive things.

Intense Guy said...

Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" - or perhaps I just love Bette...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails