So it's official. Right. Now.

One day old. It's listed as my very first picture. It was snapped on August 4th.
Here I am with my godfather. He's been a friend of the family for a very long time. Daddy and he went to school together. He's also the one who did the readings at my first wedding and took care of everything concerning Mimi's (daddy's mom in Fl who passed in 2007) internment. His sister is my godmother.

Mimi and me. I was very much a gramma's girl. I've been told I came at the right time because not to long before hand grandpa had passed on and Mimi was really really sad. I became the brightspot in her life. Mommy and daddy were living with her for a bit after I was born. You see that little birthmark on my forehead? It's long since faded but whenever I'm really ill or upset and crying, it shows back up right nice and bright just like that.

As you can see, I was her pride and joy. I don't think there's a picture of her and me where she's frowning. Always that big beautiful smile on her face. I had this thing for books at even that early age.

As you can see, I've always been a bit shy.

I've also been very fond of food and laughter. I still bust out in a huge laugh just like that when I find something hysterical. You can just see the one dimple on my left cheek (to your right). Those huge carverns just pop right out when I smile big.


Daddy and me. No denying the parentage there. I still look alot like him. Then again, I'm the first kid so it's to be expected.

Mommy and me. She's only 19 in this picture, only 4 months short of her 20th birthday. She's still a very beautiful lady.

Yep...Mimi smilin again. Is it any wonder that my nickname was (and mom still calls me this)starshine?

I always had a sense of fashion too, although I don't always follow it.


I'm about 11 months old in this picture. They'd use that ladder to keep me somewhat corralled in. As you can see, I could have crawled out anytime. So either I was a stickler for rules (Mom said no, it meant no) OR I was always just quite satisfied to stick close to Mimi or my parents so I never really attempted to escape.

Hard to believe that I just hit 40....
Photos courtesy of gramma's S.O.G with P.I.P book that she gave to me the day after my wedding. It's falling apart in that well-loved, often used manner that old photo books get.
Date and time on this post is the official time I turned 40 today.

15 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Happy Birthday, kid! (Yes, kid!) Hope you had a wonderful day and that this year is even better than the last. Keep painting those nails with bright and beautiful colors :)

Karla said...

I loved the pictures! Looking back is so much fun...and so is looking ahead for things we know we will attain..(i.e., you and Ranger) You've had rough spots in your life and thank God you now have your Ranger! You are blessed my friend!

Pop and Ice said...

What adorable pictures! And what a stunner your Mom was as well! Most of my baby/childhood pictures having me looking confused, like, what am I doing here?! Glad to see yours full of smiles and adventure!

Wendyburd1 said...

HAPPY ♥ Birthday!! I love the pics, so cute!!

Deanna said...

How cool to celebrate your birthday with a walk down photo memory lane. You were and are just darling. It definitely appears you were good for mimi!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Wishing you a very Happy (belated) Birthday!!! I loved the photo story you shared!

My forties have been absolutely fabulous! I'm sure yours will be too!

Jan n Jer said...

Lordy Lordy, looks who 40....Happy Birthday Starshine.. may you have many more!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Starshine.

I think that picture of you in the high chair is precious and priceless.

$∞

AliceKay said...

Really nice pictures of you with your family. It's nice to see so many smiles. :)

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. *hugs*

(Marty was born at 11:19PM)

Liz Mays said...

Happy Birthday, doll! What a wonderful collection of photos. My favorite is the one where you're grabbing your beautiful mommy's face. These are terrific. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day!!!

Toriz said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

The Wife O Riley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhhhh!!! Such sweet photos!! Loved every one - thank you for sharing you with us!!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Bugger, Im a day late :(

Happy Birthday Wishes dear you...... I LOVE all the old photos, the one in the highchair is absolutely beautiful......

how lucky you are to have such family photos...... Im envious LOL

hope you day was special, filled with love and laughter....

x

Pamela said...

you looked like one of those little "sweet nothings" that you can buy at the stationery stores (like Hallmark)

Well -- I don't know if you can buy them anymore - but they were the hot item for a long time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails