Wontcha be... my neighbor?

You see this cute little brick number? That would be the place that I presently call home. The grey house is rented by my neighbor Joe. He's the nice quiet neighbor. The end unit belongs to the one I complain about regularly. Across the sidewalk from me is another relatively quiet neighbor. It's actually a pretty quiet area over all even with the amount of kids running around.

Across the cul du sac, there's this poor brick townhouse which has 2 different tenants in it since we got here (and we ain't even been here a year yet). They never seem to stay long. Only a few months and then *poof*. I suspect it might be because of the landlord. Anyhow, as you can see, it's empty yet again and has been this way for months now.

This little beauty had a tenant when we moved in but about 6-8 months later they left. There hasn't been a set of curtains in that window ever since. Just that flier in the window. One of these days I'm gonna pluck up the courage to go see what it says. My luck, I'm recommending it and it'll turn out to be haunted or condemned or something.

Or, if you really wanna move in close to me... there's this beauty. Yea, the lawn needs mowing but I don't think the landlord gets this way too often. The grey house to the left is my neighbor Joe (the quiet neighbor). The only drawback to this one is the brick to the right. They've got 4 kids all under the age of 11 and I'm not sure how loud they get when inside. I do know that the parents are both cabbies for the area so one of them is always home.


So..who wants to move in and keep me company while the husband's at work?

16 comments:

AliceKay said...

Not me....city life isn't my kind of life. I'll stick to the sticks. Nothing against you, tho. *hugs*

Deanna said...

We'd never get anything done! It is a shame there are so many empty apartments. I think I'd better stick to my trees and sheep. :-)

Melissa B. said...

Depends on the rent...and if Mr. Fairway can do without his Chief Cook & Bottle Washer...

Intense Guy said...

LOL - I've never thought of "Craiglisting" for a neighbor in a blog - but hey, you got some pretty cool followers so if one took ya up - its win-win!

I think I could manage that bit of lawnmowing.

:)

$0.02

Intense Guy said...

P.s., I hope folks peek at your Flickr sidebar on the left.

You have some totally knock out pictures.

Karla said...

emm no thanks Styxie..I think I'll just stay right where I am in Texas. Big enough city to be able to do things and go out to eat and shop but not so big that the traffic is horrendous!
But..I'd love to be your neighbor here! Come on and move back to Texas :-)

*hugsssssssssssss*

Liz Mays said...

I've moved 17 times. I think I'm good for a while. ;)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Do I have to move? Can't I just come for a visit??? You'll get sick of me if I stay too long, lol!

Hugs!

Toriz said...

Hmmm... Tempting, but I don't do well in cities. Living on the edge of a town is plenty hectic enough for me. Besides, every time I've moved away from Wales I've missed the mountain too much!

The Wife O Riley said...

I'm not sure you would want me as a neighbor, but it is tempting.

You should get a comission if they sell.

Anonymous said...

It's such a cute neighborhood!

MarmiteToasty said...

now if it was a blue house with a wrap round porch on 2 acres I would move in LOL

x

Pamela said...

I'm with Marmite Toasty. I'd like the wrap around porch. heh heh. Lets find one and ALL move in.

MarmiteToasty said...

:) Pam..... Im up for that lol I bags doing the cooking lol

x

ChicagoLady said...

Instead of me coming, I'll send my new neighbors there, so they can be loud with the kids and not keep me awake at 1am. LOL

Grand Pooba said...

I'll ONLY move in if that place IS haunted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails