Have you ever had those ItshouldabeenaKodakmoments and you could just kick yaself (or someone else)? Shouldabeen as in either you (or the loved one that you handed the camera to) hit the button that split second too soon (or too late) and then the camera takes forever to set itself for the next shot OR the battery dies OR worst yet, you forgot to grab the damn camera in the first place and if you go back home for it and return to the spot of the moment the moment is gone? I had several of those in the 5 days starting July 30th thru August 3rd.
01) Normally, I have my camera with me at all times. Wednesday, while I was headed to the salon to get my hair done, I was in the alleyway that splits the stripmall in two. It's a short cut that those in my subdivision use to get to the stores over there without having to go the long way around (it cuts travel time by 75% or more easily). Anyhow, while in the alleyway....I saw this HUGE butterfly sunning itself on the wall of one of the stores. It was a butterfly I'd never seen before too, a horace’s duskywing , and it was less than a foot away from me sunning itself on the wall.
02) On the trip through Maryland headed to New Jersey, just before the Fort McHenry tunnel, I looked to my right and there was this huge ship sitting out in the bay. It was big, grey and had a military look to it. I couldnt identify the ship with the angle I was seeing it at. If I was up higher (a bridge or something) I may have been able to tell at least what type it was (what with all the damn models I had to paint when I was married to that first friggin idjit). I was really hoping it was still there when we came back through and of course it wasnt.
03) To file in the too soon category, how about missing the bride and groom's first kiss because the husband (to whom I relinquished the camera to because he was in the perfect seat for the perfect shot) clicked the shutter too soon and the camera just couldnt get itself reset fast enough? Yeah. That's definitely a "Itshouldabeenakodakmoment".
04) Better yet, how about missing the garter toss because the camera's batteries crapped out on ya? Yeah...I clicked at just the right moment and then.... "low battery" flashes at me and here I am, at a wedding with kids around and cant swear or throw a fit.
05) I think that my very favorite is the one where I went in complete shock on the ride home upon seeing the sign on the back of this truck. It took me a full 3 minutes or longer of staring at it in a traffic jam and my husband's surprised comment of "You're not gonna get a picture of that?" to rouse me enough to turn on the camera and lift it up to get the shot. Needless to say the truck got well outta range before the camera was ready and I was REALLY pissed at myself for missing it. What the truck say? Oh who knows. I can tell you that it musta belonged to a handiman company (carpenter or otherwise) because the back said something about "If you need a screw fast" or something to call them. Yeah, now ya see why I went into friggin shock!
Ok. Now it's your turn. Name at least 3 "ItshouldabeenaKodakmoment"s that you've had.