*WHEW* Was that ever a busy 10 days with company! Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed it. I've remembered what I've been missing this whole time. Something I've been desparately needing for a good while now and more than likely the reason WHY I'm so damned cranky all the time. I need face time with family. Not just any family, MY family, blood or otherwise. Over the course of the last 2 decades, I havent been getting that and dammit, I MISS it. Oh sure, we have a friend or two that occasionally visit, but it's always trips out to shop or grab a bite to eat... not anything like I had growing up. Chill, eat supper and whip out the board games until the late hours of the night. *sigh* NYBro? You're welcome for the hospitality... but I really need to be thanking YOU. So thank you for being my friend and spending time at our humble abode (and the lovely RAK pressy!!). Can't wait for your next trip out.
Now comes the hard work... clean-up and organization (as well as attempting to get my life back to some form of normalcy). On my to do list:
01) tweak & upload to the Flickr account the scads and scads of photos I clicked (got a few up this morning so the early risers have something to glance at) as we went and did ALOT of touristy things.
02) upload the videos of the same various places
2.5) panic because Im missing a half day's worth of pix & vids thanks to the laptop dying on us in midtrip (we went to Baltimore for a couple days)... I so hope the last half of the B&O Museum is still in there somewhere!
2.75) pray as I attempt to revive the laptop long enough to retrieve said pix & vids (make sure to open a bottle of Riesling and have copious amounts of chocolate on hand....)... also pray as I search the harddrive because if they aint there, I'm gonna cry.......
03) switch out the cold weather clothes with the warm weather ones (hence the title of the blog) because the temps changed early this week
04) catch up on my reading in the blogs (I popped in a few last night but I haven't made it to everyone's yet, gonna be a while)
05) put panties away because this season of Idol ~SO~ does NOT deserve a panty-throwing session or even thoughts there of
06) spring clean (yeah right)
07) catch up in my Facebook emails and consider dropping out of a few groups... to be honest, I made it in there twice during the whole time NYBro was over and ya know.... I barely missed it at all (apologies to any of the FBers reading this)... maybe it's time to consider moving on in that area of my life (it'd certainly make the friends list a bit more manageable...)
08) Get pictures of the new additions to the dolly family, stuffed animal club and the beautiful RAK that NYBro brought me.
I think that's it for now. There will be other entries to come... I mean... I HAVE been missing for what, 3 months now? Until then, feel free to explore the Flickr account on the left there to peruse the pictures that I'm loading.